WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off of the 1.01.02 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. This firmware is an option for those whos hardware is stable with Zoranders ext3-boot, or those who don’t do much firmware programming to take advantage of ext3-boot. Once again, ext3-boot is for (sorta) pro’s and testers whereas WDLXTV is for everyday use.
* cleaned up init
* fixed hostname issues
* corrected passwd issue with /etc/shadow for ssh server
* added /root/.ssh/authorized_keys -> /conf/authorized_keys for passwordless ssh (using ssh-keygen)
* redid OSD overlay formatting, can selectively replace any OSD file via an app.bin pack (tutorial to come)
* app.bin packs can contain kernel modules & modules.dep now
* changed WDTV logo to Pennhaven's HD-X logo (thx!)
* changed background to http://oliuss.deviantart.com/art/Hardwood-Night-88299626
* added pre-loading of core-extras.app.bin, for boot time xfs & reiserfs with hotplugging
0.1 - initial release
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
Don’t forget to check out the WDTV HD player unofficial firmware wiki.
I’ve spent a fair bit of time getting cd-manager working and hacking around in the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.