WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off of the 1.01.02 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. This firmware is an option for those whos hardware is stable with Zoranders ext3-boot, or those who don’t do much firmware programming to take advantage of ext3-boot. Once again, ext3-boot is for (sorta) pro’s and testers whereas WDLXTV is for everyday use.
Small update here to fix a couple things.
* actually fixed hostname issue
* osd tweaks (welcome screen & setup->about) to display IP & hostname
* updated cd.eject to handle usb bus resets a bit better
* updated crazymount
* fixed net.agent to read net.config for custom network settings
* xmount will now dump message to /tmp/messages.log upon failure
* new WDLXTV welcome logo by Pennhaven
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
Don’t forget to check out the WDTV HD player unofficial firmware wiki.
I’ve spent a fair bit of time getting cd-manager working and hacking around in the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.