DVDMOD is a custom firmware I made for the Western Digital WDTV. I have remixed both official firmware releases and added optical drive support via cd-manager. Yes, this means you can boot with a usb dvd drive connected and play from it on your WDTV now. The only limitation is that since dvd drives are officially unsupported you must have a supported (aka FAT32, NTFS, HFS,…) drive/flashdisk inserted. If there is no supported drive in the WDTV reports ‘no storage present’ and you will be unable to navigate to the browser. DVDMOD also enables you to use ext2/ext3/reiserFS/xfs drives with your WDTV.
This firmware is flashed to your WDTV like the updates that have come from Western Digital, unlike Zoranders ext3-boot firmware that is available from WDTV HD player unofficial firmware wiki. Whereas ext3-boot is for pros (sorta) this ones for joes.
1.00.01-DVDMOD-0.4 & 1.01.02-DVDMOD-0.4
* Updated to cd-manager-0.7
* optical drive speed set to 16X = silent w/ seeking
* handles usb bus resets on eject better
* independant welcome_logo & screen_saver - due to size limitation welcome_logo = screen_saver on 1.01.02 : (
* new logos by Pennhaven
* defaults to video on boot
* ext2/ext3/reiserFS/xfs filesystem hotplugging & unplugging now supported!
* OSD tweaks (welcome, settings->about)
* changed background to http://oliuss.deviantart.com/art/Hardwood-Night-88299626
* HD-X logo by Pennhaven (thx)
You can find the latest versions at the DVDMOD firmware page.
Don’t forget to check out the WDTV HD player unofficial firmware wiki page.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.