WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off of the 1.01.02 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. This firmware is an option for those whos hardware is stable with Zoranders ext3-boot, or those who don’t do much firmware programming to take advantage of ext3-boot. Once again, ext3-boot is for (sorta) pro’s and testers whereas WDLXTV is for everyday use.
Good stuff added:
* rewrote hotplugging/unplugging script
* defaults to video on boot
* independant welcome_logo and screen_saver
* Samba/CIFS support aka windows share mounting (requires Samba app pack)
* Experimental wireless adapter support (thx to Zorander) (requires wireless-mod-wdlxtv app pack)
* new logo's by Pennhaven
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
Don’t forget to check out the WDTV HD player unofficial firmware wiki.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.