WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off the 1.02.07 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. There is no Linux knowledge required to use WDLXTV.
* based on firmware 1.02.07, ext2/ext3 filesystem support is official!!!
* more md5sums added for corruption checking
* a single startup script can be placed in /conf, called S00user-script
* syntax errors in S00user-script will prevent your
osd from booting, be careful!
* crazymounts wait is now user extendable, default = 10 seconds
* if /conf/crazymount.wait exists and contains a single integer,
delay will be extended (useful for drives that are slow to settle)
* emergency flash upgrade/freeze recovery now added
* requires a full firmware image called emergency-wdtv.bin and
a file called emergency-flash on the root of a device at boot
* Custom background and screen saver images can be supplied at boot
* requires welcome_background_bg.jpg (maxsize=524288) or
screen_saver.png to exist on a device attached at boot
* original screen_saver & welcome_background are supplied,
in case you desire them.
* A custom startup script can be supplied to
enable/disable/whatever at boot
* requires a script called S00custom-options on the root
of a device attached at boot
* OSD overlays must be named as follows:
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.