WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off the 1.02.07 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. There is no Linux knowledge required to use WDLXTV.
Large changelog with lots of good features this time around:-D
* OSD tweaks
* changed now playing view format
* added selectable 4, 6, 8 item list view (default=8) (via shell: config_tool -c THUMBNUM=X)
* added selectable 4, 8, 12 thumb browse view (default=12) (via shell: config_tool -c LISTNUM=X)
* increased font size of title to 32 in thumb view
* removed 2 unused binaries
* updated build scripts to dynamically generate all version info
* sample S00custom-options provided
* fixed crazymount typo preventing app.bin's from loading
* fixed osd mounting typo in crazymount
* cleaned up symlink'd dirs
* removed plug.watch (deprecated with [un]official ext2/3 support)
* added Rezmus's additional font sizes OSD tweak
* fixed S00custom-option execution
* chmod 700'd /root
* fixed timezone functionality
* increased loopback devices from 8 -> 24
* option to prevent device connected at boot from spinning down on power off (if device contains file called .keepalive it will not be spun down)
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.