WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off the 1.02.10 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. There is no Linux knowledge required to use WDLXTV.
I’m back from a long vacation in Africa and finally caught up with things. Theres some good changes included in this version
* based on firmware 1.02.10
* fixed (finally) optical drive functionality
* USB Hub support for more than one device per slot
* LaurentG's mount.watch to allow disabling of Media Library
* LaurentG's additional thumb browse views
* LaurentG's other assorted patches
* changed selector of thumb views (look at S00custom-options for examples)
* 32 (real) loopback devices now (thx disco)
* techflaws corrected deutsch translation
* NFS & pure-ftp server removed due to size constraints
Thanks to LaurentG for providing some patches and mods and thanks to techflaws for the corrected Deutsch translation. If you feel you have something you’d like to contribute or would like to submit a patch, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Western Digital’s official firmwares are growing in size considerably lately, coming within 800KB of filling the entire flash possible. This means that there is a lot less room for me to play around with now…so unfortunately NFS modules and the pure-ftp server got cut, but don’t worry, I’ve made app.bin packs for both. If you desire the ftp server or you use NFS shares then you’ll just need to browse to the app section and download the new packs. I’ve linked to them directly on the main WDLXTV page.
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.