WDLXTV is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WDTV. It is based off the 1.02.10 firmware, but with many extra features. Similar to my dvdmod firmware, this is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. There is no Linux knowledge required to use WDLXTV.
I spent a lot of time on this release, adding many optimizations & enhancements sure to please…most important enhancements?
- I studied the boot process and was able to trim 25+ seconds off the boot time!
- its now possible to see network shares in the ‘all videos’ section when media library is enabled!
If you enjoy my work please make a donation. My time is thin and donations help focus me on producing new & better versions. Thanks.
* app.bins are disabled during upgrade process (aka no rcS's are executed)
* shaved 25s+ off boot time!!!
* rearranged boot cycle
* rewrote device mounting subsystem
* sane-ified crazyboot
* better hub support
* all media files can now show up in various media library enabled areas
*** requires file called .addMounts on root of device you'd like extra mounts contained ***
*** cycle media library off&on to rescan files ***
* LaurentG's asstd patches
* added 15 thumb view to music/photo (default=10 - refer to S00custom-options to change to 15)
* ability to relocate/have persistent (+++fast) thumbnail database on a device
*** requires directory named .thumbDB on root of attached device ***
* 24 loopback devices
* check S00custom-options for setting to permanently set timezone
* few other minor things maybe
**** download updated nfs.app.bin-0.2 ****
You may find the latest release at the WDLXTV page.
You may download this release here.
If you feel you have something you'd like to contribute or would like to submit a patch, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time hacking the WDTV firmware, so if you appreciate my efforts please donate a little something using the link below : ) Thanks & enjoy.