WDLXTV-Live is an unofficial homebrew firmware for the Western Digital WD TV Live. It enables a wide range of extra functionality which is missing from the official firmware, such as bittorrent, webserver, NZB, SSH, FTP, etc. I’ve done my best to make everything as easily configurable as possible, but it does require a little bit of work on your own. All of the settings are located in S00custom-options, which is included in the zipfile of every release. Open it in a text editor and peruse your options. If you need help there is a forum link at the bottom of the page. If you are a power user then you’ll be able to harness your Linux skills and fly off into the world of homebrew, wondering why you delayed any longer than you did.
I am putting out an official release, after much fiddling and patching. Its fairly well tested and everything is working fine for me, YMMV like usual. Its based off the latest official 1.02.21 firmware and is quite good IMHO.
This firmware is being released along with the launch of the WDLXTV.com community. WDLXTV.com contains a homebrew forum, direct download servers, main release page, and subversion repo for development. Yes, wdlxtv is growing up.
The forum is organized like such:
Now on to what you really want
* updated to official fw 1.02.21!!!
* official Movie Sheet release, includes titi's wall & sheet templates
* included Xmodpt's coolsmile irc & filemanager webend mods
* UMSP customization (/conf/umsp.php for custom Media-Items)
* updated derlinuxers webplugin scripts; add system&plugin daemon status & start/stop
* domain wide auth to protect web services
* updated nzbget to 0.7.0-r380 & nzbgetweb to 1.4-t7
* included unpackfs-0.0.6
* included subversion-1.6.9-r901367
* included ImageMagic-6.6.1-4
* changed nzbget default DestDir from /boot -> /tmp (must change before using!!!)
* fixed options mess up in crazymount preventing osd/app mounting
* all irc settings are persistent
* fixed passworded Samba shares & 1.02.21
* fixed load.webplugin for UMSP/Deluge/nzbgetweb/etc
* added link target to webend links for new tab / no js
* fixed .rootFS loading
* update webend css to make left column wider
* corrected S00custom-options with movie sheet types & Samba protection
* fixed custom villa_bg.jpg and screen_saver.png
* patched crazymount to fix .addMounts functionality
* fixed typo's in several osd files
* increased php UploadMaxFileSize to 4M
* lots&lots of random script maintenance & optimizations
* even more logging (bug report included in webend)
* no thumbs in first two levels of local folders view
yes, thats a ton!!